Friday 18 October 2013

Santaverde update

Woah, there, stop the presses! In my befuddled state a few weeks ago, I managed to order not the Aloe Vera Hydro Repair Gel that I normally use, but something called Extra Rich Beauty Elixir instead! It has been sitting on my dresser ever since, ready to be posted back at some unknown time when I assume I'll have more energy, but it finally dawned on me that that day may never come and it would be far easier to just crack it open and use it.


As you know, I am wary of putting oils on my face, but as you also know, I am lazy as the day is long. Furthermore, we are heading into weather that dries the skin out and I am running out of my face cream, so perhaps this was not a mistake, but actually a fortuitous foresight on my behalf...albeit on a very subconscious level! And so it was that I opened the very nifty packaging. It is in a dropper bottle, but has a little button on the top that you push to both suck up and then dispense the oil. Okay, I am a sucker for that kind of thing and, besides, it looks very chic.

The first thing that hit me was the smell. It is (as always!) hard to describe. Let's just say it has been so cleverly crafted that I am unable to pick out any single notes, but all together they make a rather ambrosial aroma. (No, I can't believe I used the word ambrosial there either, but it really is the right word!) It is warm and slightly sweet, a bit fruity, but with some earthier notes that hold it in check.

The main oils are apricot kernel, almond, sesame seed, evening primrose and dog rose, backed up by passion fruit seed, purple passionflower seed, orange, rosewood, bergamot and geranium. Can you see my dilemma in describing that mix? All I can say is that it is a lovely, uplifting scent that makes me happy and feels wonderful on my skin, so all-in-all, a "mistake" I will be repeating when this little jar runs out.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this piece -- the serendipity of it all AND the effect. Great writing as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Happy "mistakes" are always fun!

    ReplyDelete