Friday 19 July 2013

The Naked Bee

My kids are out of school for the summer and my blogging time has decreased accordingly! However, I had to give a quick shout-out to this amazing line of products before logging off for the weekend...and I have my mother to thank for it. She has an uncanny ability to find things that I love. This is not easy
as I am quite pernickety, but over the years she has consistently come up
with books, jewellery, products and clothing (not to mention ideas!) that have delighted me and often sent me off into whole new directions. Without her,
I would not be able to make half the recommendations that I do, so
thanks Mom!

She first appeared back from a trip to Florida with The Naked Bee's Hand & Cuticle Healing Salve a couple of years ago and blew us all away. This stuff works on everything and smells delectable. We tried for years to put our finger on it and still haven't managed, but for any aromatherapists out there I came across an essential oil called Litsea on a course a few months ago that came as close as I have ever come to matching it. I'll stick my neck out here and say it's a bit like lemon sherbet, although you may beg to differ. Mom does; she says that's not quite right! However, it heals and/or soothes almost any kind
of skin condition: cracked heels, chapped lips, certain types of eczema, dry hands, flakey cuticles... you name it! And it comes in a perfect little pot just right for carting around with you wherever you go.

As if this were not enough, the following year she came home with the matching Hand & Body Lotion, which is equally divine and equally effective: sinks in quick, smells fabulous and does a great job. What's not to love? We could not get this amazing, all-natural line in the UK for love nor money before, but I am happy to report that Amazon has now started stocking some of the range. I have only tried the Orange Blossom Honey line, but if you are drawn to one of the others, do let me know how you get on. In the US, they still don't sell online direct (other than through Amazon), but check out their stockists here as there is probably a store near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment